Thursday, May 21, 2009

There is a story

There was a journey...I had to take...all alone. The days were authored on my heart and captured in the privacy of my journal.

I recently attended a writer's conference and one of the speaker's advice in connecting your readers is to write from a transparent heart. But...she forewarned...you must be healed from the thing before you can write about it.

It nearly destroyed me.

It completely broke me.

But I journeyed.

I decided to error on the side of radical obedience.

It nearly destroyed me.

It completely broke me.

But I journeyed.

Somewhere along the way, I committed to live my life as an experiment of the sorts...on behalf of the Lord. I committed to live my life in radical obedience, surrendered to Him...and watch my days unfold.

He continually brings me back to a text...which is now inscribed on my heart...

Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told.
Habakkuk 1:5


He goes on in chapter 2...

Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.

For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay


I look forward to the day when I get to write the revelation down. I long for the appointed time.

There is a story being written...it is not my own.

No comments: