Tuesday, June 17, 2008

always been "Yes"

But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not "Yes" and "No." For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not "Yes" and "No," but in him it has always been "Yes." For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:18-20

I think of the many times I've sat in turmoil, battling what I thought ought to be answered prayer vs. the reality of circumstance. And then I read this scripture this morning...and a thought wisped by me...

God only wants and provides what is best for us...even when we can't see...even when we don't understand. There are no "No's"...only "Yes's" in Christ. The thought gained steam..."Dear child...I'm going to take you on this journey...and I will only provide what is absolutely best for you and my Kingdom, no exceptions...and I only ask one thing of you...Trust Me."

As I type from the kitchen table, I glance over to my living room floor and think of the many times I've cried out from my knees in despair...suffering in doubt. It makes me want to pick up that broken self, dust her off and ask what she is doing there.

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ.

1 comment:

capturedbylight said...

Yes... you are so right. We are to trust in Him. And even when we are faithless... yet He remains faithful... for He cannot disown Himself.

Your post really blessed me. Your heart seems to really be after... HIM.