Sunday, March 1, 2009

a Sunday blessing

Sundays do not pass without the true awareness of the blessings they bring.

As my phone rings, often much earlier than desired...I roll over and answer it with a smile...knowing full well who's voice will be on the other end..."you picking us up for church today Brandy?"..."you know I am...see you around 10."

A few hours later, as we roll into church, I am quite certain that we are the only vehicle coming from the West End of Rock Island singing to the likes of Roger Miller. And it makes this country girl's heart smile. :)

After I check the boys into the children's wing...I join the others in the sanctuary...and our row begins to fill as the first songs of worship infuse the air.

From my teen girls...to Chris and his wife and their posse of teen boys...to our other church and ministry friends...our row is complete. And as I glanced down it today...a childhood quote my dad favored, popped into my head "what a motley looking crew." I considered the diversity of our backgrounds..."no way should this group of individuals be standing here together" I thought. And almost immediately I was hit by the reality that we wouldn't be...if somewhere along the way we hadn't all individually fallen in love with Jesus Christ.

We gather after church for food and fellowship...and count our blessings...and say our prayers...all grateful for the group...that Jesus built. :)

THANK YOU for everyone who has made possible my calling into full-time ministry...it is because of you...every Sunday...I am blessed.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Nice post, Brandy. Love the pic!

Anonymous said...

If your blessings ever catch up with your number of hair-dos you will be blessed beyond counting!

You are blessed in any event.

Shine inside and out.

Bob

Anonymous said...

I'll bet God is very pleased with your "motley looking crew," Brandy. You are all blessed with His love and your love for Him...it doesn't get much better than this. Thanks for sharing.

Aunt Donna

Brandy said...

Bob - You will never cease to make me laugh! You're humor is definitely unique...don't know how Donna has done it all these years. ;)

Anonymous said...

I remember those Sundays fondly and i wonder if you can feel me smiling all the way from africa? That alone makes me want to come home. Keep on loving and living B!

In light love and compassion
-Jay

PS YOU would LOVE the sunday pomp and circumstance here.
PSS We pray as a team before and after every meeting here. It's just proper...