Friday, February 29, 2008

Trust

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7

Given a little thought...it is easy to accept that the almighty, all-knowing, creator of the universe has greater plans for my life than I. But when I can't see where he is leading...when I stumble and fall...my demeanor immediately changes.

While my faith compels me to keep moving in his direction...I find myself suddenly doing so...kicking and screaming.

Which begs the question...is this real trust?

I'm gently reminded this morning to stand up. It is almost as though I hear God speak...”You are following me child, but wouldn’t it be easier done from your feet?”

Trust

STOOP-shouldered,
foot-dragging,
sighing
resignation
is not trust.

Real trust
bounces on eager toes of
anticipation -
laughs with pure delight
of knowing
in whom it believes -
rests easy
knowing
on whom it waits.

Lord,
so wrap me in the
knowledge of You
that my trust is no longer
in You, but
is You.

~Susan L. Lenzkes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't correct what you don't recognize. Your sight seems to see where you and where you want to go. Not many have such sight.

BobM