Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Worry about Kieona

Not long ago as I spoke with another girl about God's calling on her life, we discussed how to discern God's nudges. She pointed out a simple discovery..."while God can communicate with us a hundred different ways...he often chooses the same way for each individual...so we can better understand Him."

I've considered it many times since that evening.

This morning I woke up and instantly a scripture marched through my head before my feet could hit the floor. Granted it was paraphrased as it marched...but it marched just the same..."start with the small things...then you will move onto the big things."

Through breakfast...lunch...and dinner...left...right...left...it marched.

Before I lay my head down tonight I realize God's a talking...and as he usually does with me...gently plants a seed and provides the conditions to let it grow.

Tonight I was reminded of what called me into this ministry. I was sitting on my porch, gazing at the stars through the city lights when one of my neighbor girls (also attends CF) ran by...and it hit me...one life. I was convinced when I joined CF that if I could just change one life...one life was enough. As she rounded the corner to run home, I considered the many paths she could run down. And if it is my calling to help her choose the right one, perhaps it won't make a difference to the world, but it sure will make a difference to her.

When I get overwhelmed wanting to impact my city...it is comforting to consider...maybe I don't have to worry about Rock Island right now...maybe I just need to worry about Kieona.

"You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things." Matthew 25:21

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it started with Geta, Ana Maria or Bogdan? One of the major times in your life where you saw a one youth's life that you could impact in the name of Christ.

Brandy said...

I certainly must tie my "impacting one life" philosophy back to Romania. It is worth considering that Christ would have died for one. He would have died for only me. He would have died for only you. It is hard to truly grasp that kind of love.

"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. Matthew 18:12-14