Monday, January 26, 2009

Clean up work of maturity

I have a Google alert setup on my last name "Chaffer," I did this after a distant relative of mine informed me that this was how he had occasionally kept up with my family's life. Interesting notion I thought, and my own alert was born.

However, since its fruition, not once have I been directed to anything of interest and therefore have pondered many times to deactivate the alert to remove the email nuisance. But procrastination runs deep in my veins.

This morning, something intrigued me to actually click on one of the articles. To which I found this delight:

The line that took residency in my heart was the following: "my friend jon kever leaned over to me when don finished speaking and said, "that was maturity cleaning up the talk."

Once my father reads the article, I'm sure he will chuckle at this line. It seems time and maturity have a way of bringing even the most zealous new believer into the humble and gracious hands of God.

But I do wonder, this question directed to my family and fellow Chaffer's, are we related to the mentioned Don Chaffer?

1 comment:

jonny5 said...

let me just say that 'chaffer' is a beloved name in our household. we've spent many an hour listening to the brilliance of don and lori (www.waterdeep.com in case you're interested). and i graudated from the seminary that ole lewis sperry established (his only fault, the missing 'f').