Monday, January 12, 2009

I miss my friend

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever." Psalm 138:8

When you begin to walk closely with the Lord and have come to understand and experience His love and blessing firsthand, perhaps it makes His time of silence all the more painful. Quite simply put...you miss Him.

You wrestle...and fight...and pray...and cry...and blame....and question

...and you might wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.

but in His time and through His grace...you take a step...and suddenly you feel the familiar presence of a friend.

"Welcome back."


"I was always here."

"But I didn't feel you."

"Which only required you to dig deeper within your heart to find me."

You look around and begin to admire the scenery and notice a few new buds where spent blooms once remained.

"Let's rest here awhile."

In His silence...you must learn how to listen

...even when you miss Him.

From my devotion in the Psalms today...

"Your love, O Lord, endures forever." When you are on the mountain top, He loves you. When you are in the deepest, darkest valley, He loves you. He loved you before you were born. He loves you today and He will love you through all of your tomorrows. You are loved by Him.

No comments: