Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Girls of Grace

My first John Deere co-worker used to eat, breath, and sleep drum corp growing up. Truthfully in the beginning I didn't even know what that was. But throw her into the mix at CF with a few girls...a few flags...and a Christian beat...and the possibilities are endless. Day 1 CF Color Guard...three girls...lots of excitement. As she left...they were asking to practice again...coming up with a cool name...recruiting other girls...and talking about making team T-shirts.

God works in funny ways...a book I had put on my bookshelf this morning...and flipped through later today wondering if it would be a good bible study for the girls...and then put back on the shelf after deciding it was too soft...was the same book the girls commented on as they hung out in my office after color guard. It is the same book that my new small group will be studying the next several weeks. CF proudly presents the "Girls of Grace".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Lynn! It has to be her! And I can just imagine all the kids loving her! After all the practices you need to have a performance - and I would LOVE to see it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's me! The funny thing is, I left that day convinced the girls thought I was "square" (I'm pretty sure using the word "square" solidifies that)... but merely hoping they had enough fun to bring them back next time. I'm so glad they are excited and I have big dreams for this little group.