Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Living Word

So now that I don't feel like quitting any more...I can admit that this weekend I did. Overwhelmed...under qualified...the list goes on. For someone that absolutely knows that God called them to this ministry...I sure do spend a lot of time in doubt.

I think God knows when you need to use a life line...an uncle recently pointed me to 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 where Paul was suffering a "thorn in the flesh" and asked the Lord to remove it, but Jesus said to him "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Sufficient...not abundant. I remind myself of this daily...especially the bad days...and so far when I close my eyes...His grace was in fact sufficient.

They call it the Living Word...and so many days it divinely amazes me. I'm learning the importance of "spending time with God" (especially in this ministry). There have been days when I've opened the Bible, and wasn't even sure where to go...some days it is in frustration with God..."ok...I'm here...don't know where I’m looking...don't know what I'm doing...I'm frustrated...but I'm here"...and then I flip and somehow land on a verse that absolutely captivates me. And I wonder...how can a book written so long ago speak to me? How can words written years before my time perfectly relate to my circumstance? How did people living in those times...understand these times? It is in these moments when I start to understand why they call it...the Living Word.

No comments: