Monday, May 7, 2007

I felt God

“If you were a non-believer...what would you be thinking if you sat through the service today listening to all of those people talk about how accepting God into their heart has made such drastic changes in their life?” “That’s easy” I replied. “It wasn’t that long ago that I was sitting in that seat...I’d think they were all nuts” :)

Courage poured from them today...as they shared different levels of brokenness: alcoholism...self-centeredness...suicide...depression...into a new life of hope with Christ. One woman sobbed through her tears “I just hope that I can touch and encourage one person out there, to not waste as many broken years as I have.” They all shared stories of peace and contentment...and new found purpose. Among them...nestled in between their testimonies...a troubled youth shared his story. Terrance was baptized today. The quietest shyest teen at the youth center...spoke in front of hundreds...sharing his transformed life in Christ. What did it feel like when you crossed over and accepted Christ, the pastor asked...in three words Terrance replied..."I felt God".

Maybe we all are nuts...but today...it was worth it.

1 comment:

BOB M said...

Yes, we are crazy for the Lord. What a great state of mind and soul to be in!

If only others could believe the Message and the Messager. There is hope they soon will. Terrance did!