Thursday, September 13, 2007

Something Big

How am I supposed to lead others and motivate others when I myself have been deflated? This is the question I've been wrestling with for the past few days. Life in ministry has its definite highs and lows. When you feel so passionately about what you are doing...the lows sting that much more.

As I started to wallow in my own misery...feeling sorry for myself...justifying my mood...I round the corner in the center..."Brandy" Tyvon cheerfully greeted...and ran into my arms. Instantly the anxiety that I'd been hauling around for three days...allowing to consume me...drained.
I started another Beth Moore bible study this week "Believing God". In all of my frustration...and desire to give up...I keep hearing Him say...don't you believe me? And the truth is...I do. That's what drives me through the troughs...He dreams bigger than I dream. He's capable of more than I'm capable.

John Waller's song, Something Big is the melody playing in my heart.

I want to see something I’ve not seen
Something so big
I want to be a part of something great
Greater than me
It's time to dream big dreams...
to see your vision become reality

Cause its for you...and by you...and those who love you...
want to do something so big...
it's destined to fail without you Lord

It's gonna fail without you Lord

Something so great...
it takes a miracle to do
Yes we your children want to do something big for you.

Something so big.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Something big", she says
"Greater than me", she says
"Something so great", she says
"It takes a miracle", she says

She said, "I take you as my Lord and Savior"

Having said that, all the above listed desires were accomplished!

That is the greatest thing you will ever do - all else you do is to please Him and will be "Something so big" in His sight.

Thank's to the Blog! BobM