Thursday, September 6, 2007

Staff Days '07

We've all heard of those companies...organizations...and churches...who came to a point when they realized they could no longer continue as they had been and still accomplish their mission. Usually if we are hearing about them...it is because they used this moment to redefine themselves...get to the grass roots of what they stand for...and break the mold into new territory. We've seen businesses climb out of the trenches...and churches grow to the thousands.

It humbles me to be in one of these moments at Christian Friendliness. An organization founded in 1936 by a woman I don’t even know...but love...because the moment you enter CF...you know her heart.

I don’t know if we’ll grow to the thousands...I don’t know if we’ll climb out of any trenches...but I do know we are getting back to what made Miss Betty cross the wrong side of the tracks...open her Bible...and change a life. We’re getting back...to hope.

No comments: