Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Good Day

I completed my first K-3 evening club tonight! Eight kids...room to grow...but you have to start somewhere. Developing a fitting message for inner-city youth is a challenge. I know I will eventually look back on these days and laugh at some of my pathetic attempts. Sometimes I think my message is more appropriate for a church basement...still getting converted to the ways of Rock Island. :)

The teen staff was hanging out after club and began reminiscing about their own CF kid clubs. Chris (Teen Director) dusts the cobwebs off a dilapidated bag from the past and pulls out poster boards printed with questionably “cheesy” Christian songs. But they showed up the best of the church ladies as they burst into song and motions. Their memories cut through the years...never missing a beat. Laughs and smiles rained down.

It did my heart some good to see Ebony light-hearted and happy. Chris and I have growing concern with the tight rope she seems to be walking. But she’s got the potential...she’s on my radar.

No comments: