Friday, March 30, 2007

Power of Taco Bell

During a teen staff meeting a couple weeks ago, Chris had the staff shape pipe cleaners to represent their current faith walk. Ebony's showed an incline coming off of last year's summer camp, followed by a steady sharp decline.

Junior High club ended tonight, I offered to take Ebony and Christopher home. Exhausted and starving...but armed with the knowledge that there is very little these two won't do for food...bargaining power! Christopher has been attending church with Chris & Trisha pretty regularly, but Ebony has fallen off. Taco Bell for church sounded like a fair trade. We'll see what Sunday brings.

This morning as I drove to mom and dad's, I thought back to how I used to casually glance left on my way out of town...picking up speed on 92...as "Arsenal Courts" became a faint imagine in my rearview mirror. But today I slowed down...peered in...and prayed. Things look different when you know kids and faces on the inside.

No comments: