Sunday, March 11, 2007

Week 1

Week 1 down and I feel like I’ve lived an eternity. On more than one occasion…lying down…having to remind myself that it is the same day that the sun rose that morning. So much can happen in 24 hours of children’s ministry. I feel like I am that 3 year old sponge again…much like Gracie…absorbing the world…learning so much. Insight into a world that has existed but many of us have not experienced. A world that these kids shouldn’t have to experience…but they don’t have or don't know a better way. Transitioning from a world of judgment into a world of understanding...transitioning from building my own kingdom to fighting for His. Personally I am experiencing a contentment that no paycheck was ever going to satisfy. Some things that seem like huge sacrifices to others...feel like blessings to me.

There is a barrier to break through. These kids have seen several Children's Director's pass through recently...and yesterday I got the question that I knew would come..."So are you going to leave us too...like all of the others?" Of course you never want to over-promise these kids...but I vow not to let them down.

What a beautiful day today...kids walked by the front of my place bouncing basketballs...I actually looked outside to see if they were any of my CF kids...I know it won't be long...and they will be. The world changes overnight.

Love,
Brandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy,

Thanks for the blog it is good to keep in touch with what is happening in your mission work, and in a way that you don't have to personalize every E-mail. I appreciate hearing about your will to continue in what must be a tough road.

Bob M