Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Myth Busters

Through relatively entertaining means, the show goes to great lengths to prove or negate myths that exist in today's society. Chris (Teen Director) wants to do a program with the youth, breaking down the religious myths that exist and replacing them with truths. What a great idea!

I know many of my own myths have been broken down this past year. Number one is the ability to come to Christ broken. I always thought I needed to "fix" myself before I let God in...but finally realized only He could do the fixing.

There is much brokenness amongst these kids...and I can't pretend that I can "fix" even one of them...but perhaps lead a few of them to the One who can.

Fifth graders selling drugs...a 13 year old pregnant. You have to start somewhere. Some people think it is hopeless...but me...I say that's just a myth.

1 comment:

BOB M said...

Good deduction! See Romans 5:8-12