Friday, July 20, 2007

The greatest of these...is love

Monday nights are dedicated to a Beth Moore bible study I hold with a few girls...grown up girls. :) We're currently studying the Fruits of the Spirit. The video is followed by 5 days of homework that I try to slide into my morning routine.

With the coffee brewed...I sat at my kitchen table...and scripturally walked through why my salvation is God's rather than my own...then Beth requested her readers to pray..."Ask God to show you the significance of the truth that salvation belongs to Him. After you have prayed, answer this question: Why do you think salvation is described as God's rather than yours?"

Admittedly...I skipped the prayer...and stared at my blank page. The clock ticked...I sat in frustration...just write something...get on with the routine...still...nothing. Ok...a quick prayer. Eyes back open...

What is the significance of the truth that salvation belongs to Him?

...Because he loves us more than we love ourselves. Because you and I...spending eternity in heaven...is more important to Him...than it is to us. Our salvation...is our everything...but somehow to God...it's more...because he loves us that much.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments: