Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just Kids

There is value in serving...there is self-worth...in serving. For so long...the kids at Christian Friendliness have been served. Given their neglect...their circumstances...do not misunderstand...they deserve it. However...they also need the chance to serve...to be valued...to have self-worth.

Chris and I are determined to change the mindset at the Rock Island Youth Center. When you feel like a charity case...there is a good chance that will mold you into one. We didn’t join CF to mold charity cases.

Last week...I heard them being called “Hoops kids” and it convicted me...the many times I call them “CF kids” or even “my CF kids”...I think it’s probably time we just let them be...kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will take some effort to shift mindsets, but recognition of the need to do so is a great start. Serving...self-worth...value, I like it.

Donna M.