Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Dream Giver

"You may not be able to describe it. You may have forgotten it. You may even no longer believe in it. But it's there."

Directly after making the decision to leave my career and enter into this ministry...I pulled a book from my bookshelf...where it had rested...unread...I dusted it off...and began to read...The Dream Giver.

I began reading...with a certain amount of arrogance...as it told a tale of Ordinary...who dared to leave the Land of Familiar to pursue his Big Dream. I related as Ordinary struggled with leaving his comfort zone and faced opposition. But then Ordinary entered the Wasteland...a place of trial and tribulation...before reaching his dream...a place of doubt. Surely Ordinary was weaker than I...after surviving the turmoil of reaching this decision...I did not have room for doubt. I marched forward...

...directly into Wasteland.

Family and friends would question my decision as they witnessed my struggles. Truthfully this fueled my own doubts...which I refused to publicize. How could I convince others what I knew in my heart to be right...was worth the struggle. Feeling alone...isolated...distant. Eventually...like Ordinary...I learned to trust the Dream Giver, even when he's nowhere in sight...

...and found Sanctuary.

I recently met with the pastor's wife of my church...to discuss children's programs and better serving the inner-city youth. What a fabulous...inspiring woman of God! She is connecting me with many other young adults and organizations with the same heart. Filled with excitement...and a growing support system...opportunity seems to be around the corner. Big things...start with big dreams.

Ordinary warns of the Valley of Giants..."Some like Moneyless were obstacles that he had to get around. Some, like Corruption, opposed his Dream and fought him fiercely. Some, like Rejection, attacked him personally and left him deeply wounded. But Ordinary met other Dreamers, too. During seasons of rest, they gathered to tell stories about the Dream Giver and encourage each other. From other Dreamers, Ordinary learned to see a bigger picture: Every Giant was another opportunity for the Dream Giver to receive honor."

Beware Giants.

Are you living your dream? Or just living your life?

The Dream Giver ~ Bruce Wilkinson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story!

Network development is essential to growing in your area and having access to what training to get and how to get it.

Beware of Corruption - nothing stops a Dream like Corruption.

Bob M