Monday, July 9, 2007

More Ovaltine Please

My mother...and my condo...make me a better Children's Director.

Some days it still amazes me that I moved to this place in Rock Island...before taking this position at CF. I couldn't have handpicked a better location for this ministry.

A pan of my mother's lasagna was burning a hole in my fridge. Far too much to eat alone as I would have tired of the leftovers by the third day. Hoops 4 Hope ended...as I pulled out of Rocky...my car turned right towards one of the housing complexes instead of left towards home. I drove through...and spotted a few of the regular CF girls...anybody hungry?

My phone rang after church today...it was Emily (wife of founder of Hoops 4 Hope).

Ever since Jabari returned from CF camp...he has wanted to go horseback riding. I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish this when they announce at Hoops 4 Hope they have a few sponsored spots for kids to go to a Christian horse camp.

"Brandy, you know how you recommended Jabari for the horse camp...well I have a spot for him...get him signed up...he leaves tomorrow."

...and he will in fact...leave tomorrow.

The kids are starting to blend into my every day routines...and it simply...fits. The first Girls of Grace night...the girls slid up to my breakfast bar..."we feel like we should be on a commercial...more Ovaltine please"...this time...it was more lasagna. :)

No comments: