Sunday, August 5, 2007

Goodbye Christina

"I want to go to heaven"..."yeah...me too" Christina was on her way home from church...with two very troubled boys she had taken under her wing this summer. She pulled over to talk with the boys. "Yeah...we want Jesus in our hearts"...so they prayed...in the backseat of the car...and accepted Jesus...and Christina's summer internship came to an end.

She will be deeply missed as she returns to school. I don't know another's heart so devoted to these kids. There are many lines she became known for this summer...but perhaps her most famous was "Let's go visit kids"...spoken during any downtime at the center...and away we'd go...or away she'd go...pulling into their neighborhoods...infiltrating their lives...

We pulled out of Century Woods..."I'm going to miss that place" she whispered through broken tears. I doubt many...if any...have ever said that. God Bless her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have claimed this verse for you for your school year!! "Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazined. for i am goin to do something in your days that you would not beieve even if you were told!!" Habakkuk 1:5

Brandy as i sit here and read this and ball i just want to tell you that i have had the time of my life this summer and i will never forget you!! and all the crazy sometimes frusterating moments we had this summer!! Today was the perfect end to the most amazing summer of my life! i cant believe its over!! but Gods not done with you!! Keep your head up call me anytime you know what i mean by that without me saying anything!! never loose heart!! remember you get to love kids for your job!! i love you so much thanks so much for writing this about me!! i really appreciate it!! c-ya in 2 weeks:)

Christina!!!