Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Greatest Compliment

A few errands...first HyVee...

"Hey Amari...how are you??"..."Good...when can I come to the center?"..."Soon...I'll call you."

Around to the back aisle..."Hi Nikki...miss camp?"..."Yeah"...she replies followed by a simple smile.

Onto McDonalds..."Selinda...I haven't seen you in so long!"

..."Well hey Daqualan...how come you didn't make it out to camp?"

..."Justice...hey man...miss camp? Ready for Friday night clubs again?"

Down to Century Woods...they take the van by storm...

"Do you want to come in and see our baby sister?" Kataya and Katia ask..."Sure...I'd love to".

In their neighborhoods...in their lives...I can't imagine where else I'd rather be.

"I think very few people are actually happy...are you happy Brandy?" Christopher (Teen Staff) inquired...I pause...exhale..."Yeah...perhaps for the first time I can honestly say that I'm genuinely happy." He nods..."Yeah...I can tell." I'm not sure I've ever received a greater compliment.

Having thrown out “success”...dwindled finances...unanswered questions...and unreached goals...

happy

...go figure.

No comments: