Wednesday, October 31, 2007

She's Gone Country

Awhile back, I started listening to Christian music more than any other genre...but truth be known, country runs in my veins. On occasion...my dial would lead me back home. But have you ever realized how depressing country music can be? I had been on a several month hiatus from country...doing the Christian thing. And Christian music doesn't let you stay down...even in the troughs...you learn to stand on hope. But this country deal let's you wallow. And I wasn't ready for wallowing...flip that dial. Tried again a few months later. Nope...not yet. But this week...I needed my fix...and I listened. Perhaps I hit some upbeat songs...or maybe I'm in a happier place...but I've gone country once again. Love Christian...but I'll always need my country. :) Cleaning my place...rocking out to Mountain Music...never felt so good. Oh I know someone hears me.

Bible study again this morning...talked about reframing our past...with God in the picture. Oh what a different picture that paints. We can't help but remember our pasts...our hurts...our shames...but once we have given those over to God...we no longer need to wear our reproach that is attached to them...for He's already worn it for us...and might wonder why we are wearing the same thing. God is good. All the time.

2 comments:

Tim said...

All the time. God is good.

Anonymous said...

In spite of your admission about country music, I won't bury you in CDs by starting up the country music CD factory!

Bob M