Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Whoosh

"i done mad alot of changes fareal belive me *luve u brandy*"

Should I translate? I just finished a six week bible study with a few Jr. High girls. One is Ebony's younger sister...and let me tell you...she's a pistol. Mom and dad stopped by the youth center during one of our studies...and in the few minutes that I was giving them a tour...Candace managed to attempt to break into the cash register. Mind you this was about week 5 of our Bible study.

During the last night I told them to subscribe to my MySpace blog and I'd summarize what we had covered in our study of the Prayer of Jabez. Candace added me as a friend today...with the above comment. "I done mad alot of change beliieve me." Many might wonder what she's saying. Simply said...she's trying.

Her MySpace name is currently *candace has accepted jesus back in her life*

Her tag line is "Roll,roll.roll yo blunt twist it at the end lite it ^ and take a puff and pass it to a friend"

She's a perfect example of the kids I serve. Accepting Jesus...talking about rolling a blunt.

There's that clear picture of the tightline these kids walk. I've got my work cut out for me with this one.

She called me tonight..."you picking us up for church tomorrow?"..."I can...but we're trying a new local church in Rock Island"..."yeah...we'll go."

The other night she asked me if I'd pray with her to repent for her sins. You got it sister. "I felt a whoosh come over me as we prayed"..."that's the Holy Spirit my dear...I don't want an excuse of what you can't be...in Him...you can be anyone...you can be different...you can be great."

No comments: