Friday, April 25, 2008

Easy Button

I can't stop being awe struck by God's blessing on this ministry right now. For going through such a dry spell...and feeling like we were producing very little "fruit"...it seems He was preparing the harvest for a time such as this.

I share with you a note from one of the girl's in my small group. They were all complaining about not being able to understand the Bible. A friend of mine recently shared a success story in overcoming this challenge among teens that I decided to implement, she called it the "easy button" approach. You read scripture from a traditional Bible translation, and if the kids don't understand, they holler out "easy button" and someone reads the same scripture from The Message (street lingo Bible). We did this one night to show the girl's that the Bible really is relevant, once you start to understand what is written. For the first time I saw some excitement surface for the Word. I decided to buy them teen focused Bibles to further their journey...

brandy

Thanks for that conversation...it made me feel better... and thanks for the bible...i started reading genesis...it was really easy to read...i thought it was really cool that he made adam out of dust... and eve from adams rib...and can you believe how those 2 brothers and father sold his son...and they made him a slave with the pharaohs...it was really awesome.


Why didn't someone give me an easy button to ministry a long time ago? ;)

No comments: